CBME China 2024

17-19 July 2024 | National Exhibition and Convention Center (NECC), Shanghai, China

| EN

Mothers in China Shop via Digital for Child, Baby Goods

Women in China with young children—or children on the way—spend more than a third of their online time shopping, according to June 2015 research from CTR Market Research.

CTR search.gif

That made shopping the No. 1 online activity among mothers with children ages 6 and under, ahead of search. Respondents spent more than three times as much time shopping as they did using social media.

Online shopping channels are not quite as popular for buying baby and child products as offline ones, but the vast majority of mother internet users in China use them: 85.7%, vs. 91.3% who shop for baby and child products offline.

And overall spending on items for kids and babies was nearly even. Respondents said 55.7% of spending occurred offline, leaving 44.3% for digital merchants.

Other June research found that smartphones are a particularly popular digital shopping channel for mothers in China, largely because they can facilitate anytime, anywhere shopping.

eMarketer estimates that overall, 63.1% of internet users in China will make a purchase via digital channels this year. That translates to more than 400 million people.

*Source: www.emarketer.com